Friday, January 13, 2012

So there I was, lecturing everyone else about not blogging enough and then I take a vacation. Whoops. It's about time I write about Christmas.

We had a great Christmas of course. We spent Christmas Day with Josh's family and then my parents and sister came down later in the evening. Carden loved everything about the Christmas season. Our neighborhood was pretty festive and we would walk around every night to look at all of the lights. Carden loved to show me all of the "ismas ee ights" ("Christmas tree lights"-yea I'm a speech therapist and I think my child has a speech impediment. kind of ironic. More on that later). HE LOVED LOVED LOVED to see the lights at the temple and still asks to see them. He also still asks "ick or eat? (trick or treat) so I'm not expecting him to forget about Christmas lights anytime soon. David was pretty chill about the whole thing. He just went along for the ride most of the time.

Carden and David got pretty lucky this year. What can I say, Santa wanted to give the presents just as much as Carden wanted to get them. Josh was tired of Carden always begging to drive his real RC cars, so we decided that Carden needed his very own REAL rc car.







Carden was so excited, he pulled the trigger and drove right into Grandma K.




Daddy teaching him how to drive.



See how excited David is to play with his new cars and ball?



And so excited to look in his stocking! Oh wait, that's the face he always makes...



Carden also got a Thomas the train set. He loves it. The trains are out every day and he just loves to make new train tracks.

We had a very merry Christmas and I'm always so sad to see it go.. As Carden still likes to say.."bye bye Christmas tree lights!" I already can't wait until next year.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Did you manage to get through the whole Christmas season without Carden realizing candy canes were made of candy?