Wednesday, January 30, 2008
And our apartment is freezing!! I don't care if I live in a state where is always summer-- it's COLD! And we have no heat. Both Josh and I have talked to our managers about 20 different times about our fixing our heater and it still just blows out cold air. I'm sitting here with a blanket, wool socks, and about 5 layers of sweaters. And it's too cold to get off the couch and scrapbook and I had to work late so I missed American Idol. Yep, the list has been a success.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Josh is at a work conference in California and won't be back until Friday. While he's gone, I've decided to take advantage of all this time to myself and try to get some things done:
1. Sleep. And lots and lots of it. My goal was to be in bed by 9:30 every night. It's now 10:15 so I'm obviously off to a good start.
2. Look online for a house.
3. Write on my blog more. I've been incredibly lazy with this lately, but in my defense, my life has not been all that exciting.
4. Make page number 2 for my scrapbook. Especially since I spent all that money on paper, buttons, ribbons, a paper cutter, and everything else. All for one page.
5. Look for cheap tickets to awesome places like DC and Puerto Rico and start planning my spring break.
6. Watch American Idol and wish that I could watch new episodes of The Office. Stupid writer's strike. Blah.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Our apartment contract ends the first of June, so Josh and I have decided to do some house hunting. After all, everyone tells us that houses are such a good deal and now is the time to buy and it's a buyers market and blah blah blah. LIES. They are all lies! Condos for $339,000? A 1200 square foot home for $400,000? Yeah, I don't think so. And none of these places even have a yard! Where am I supposed to put my garden if we don't have a yard? Seriously, we're going to be in this one bedroom apartment for the rest of our lives.