Thursday, October 10, 2013

It's a boy! (Again!)

Introducing Baby Boy K***!! Who will hopefully have a name somewhat soon?  After a vert stressful pregnancy for both Josh and I, we are so happy that he is here and healthy.  Since David was a preemie, I've been getting lots of monitoring and interventions to make sure that this little guy stayed a little bit longer.  I had constant contractions pretty much since the halfway mark, but he managed to hang on until I was 38 weeks.  

I had my membranes stripped Tuesday morning and ran some errands while my friends was watching Carden and David.  I picked up the boys, chatted for a bit, and then called Josh on my way home to let him know that it might be time.  Called him again 5 minutes later and told him to drive home, then changed my mind and said to meet me at the hospital! I was dilated to a 7 when we got there and was so very happy to get my epidural.  He came at 4:10 pm, just 3 1/2 hours after we got there.  

It was a very calm easy delivery, with only a couple of scares with his heart rate, which is why I have the oxygen in one picture.  It took about 5 minutes for them to get it back up, but it did thank goodness. So far he is a little cuddle bug and an awesome eater.  Hopefully he stays so chill and relaxed.  We're so happy he's here!







Oh how very loved he is by his brothers. David didn't want anything to do with him at first and gave him an elbow to the head as soon as he could.  Then he decided he loved him and threw fits every time we let someone else hold him.






2 comments:

Dad said...

When Uncle Russ was born, I took a hammer (the claw side) to my big wooden toy box. The toy box is in the basement (next to your electronic organ) and the marks are still in the lid, although my dad puttied them in. Fortunately, I didn't take the hammer to Russ.

Wendi said...

Congrats! So glad he is healthy!