Sunday, February 14, 2010

So long, farewell

We rented out our house last week! Yay! Josh put up an ad on Craigslist (have I ever mentioned how much we love Craigslist? Because we do. About half of all of our possessions have come from Craigslist. We love it.) and within about an hour we had already gotten a phone call. We showed 3 people the next day and then signed the papers that night. It's kind of sad for me-we spent SO SO SO much time on that house, cleaning it and painting it. I was still deciding on nursery colors so thank goodness I didn't ever decide and finish it! We've basically decided that we're not planning on moving back-a house always gets trashed with renters and we'd like to just keep it as a rental now. We were happy with the house, but Josh always regretted not getting a pool and is determined that our next house will have one. And now that I've been pregnant in the middle of the summer in Arizona, I'm starting to agree with him.

2 comments:

Bud & Kim said...

Congrats on finding a renter. I'm glad it happened so fast. Sorry to hear you'll never be back but what a great investment for you guys. Hope you are doing well.

Alicia said...

Yay! I'm glad getting renters was so easy for you guys. I agree with Josh. A pool is a necessity here.