Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat!

So I got to give out the candy to trick or treaters on Halloween this year. For the first time. Ever. In Manila, we lived too far out of town for people to come to our house, so this was definitely exciting. Except for one thing...

Apparently it's common for adults-full grown ADULTS-to go trick or treating as well. First they send their kids up to the door, then they follow holding out their pillow cases. None of them spoke a word of English and I was too scared to say no. I always said I would go trick or treating until I was 80, but I didn't actually mean it. It's just weird. And it kind of makes me mad.

3 comments:

The Porter Family said...

I agree!!! The holiday is for kids-not adults who still act like kids!

Whitney said...

I had a 60+ grandma dressed up like a teenager for halloween. Well actually I think I just imagined she was dressed up. I dont get it. I just dont get it.

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

ya thats weird. thats why we had little ells do it for us! don't worry we haven't eaten all of her candy, but she gets to share.